Want to tether your Android device but confused with many tools, then let’s check out a tool which is called as PDANet which is basically a free application. For those who don’t know what tethering is, tethering basically turns your smart phone into a modem which can be then connected to a Laptop or to a computer so that you need not search for any other means of internet like 3G or even WiFi. Tethering can be done in many ways but it is recommended to tether via USB cable than wireless option. Though, PDANet software is free, but a full version will cost around 24$.
So, let’s check out how you can tether your Android device with Windows or Mac computer:
Before we proceed to the step by step procedure on tethering PdaNet you need to first download this tethering app from the Android Marketplace and also install the software on the Windows or Mac computer.
- Download the PdaNet software tooland place the downloaded file in SD card and run the installation package from your phone.
- Now, you need to configure the PDANet software tool on your desktop. During the installation you will be prompted to select your phone manufacturer so connect your device via USB but before that ensure that you have enabled USB debugging mode on your Android phone which can be done by going into Settings > Applications > Development where you can enable USB Debugging. You may see some warning but you can accept that.
- After installing the PDANet software for your Windows or Mac and on Android smart phone you need to search for PDANet in Android market place and need to install the application.
- Now, its time to connect your Androiddevice to your computer. As soon as you have installed the applications on both the device as well as on computer it’s time to tether now. So first connect your device via USB, go to PDANet app on your smart phone and select Enable USB tether and then use the USB cable to connect your device the laptop. As soon as you connect your device to the laptop or to the desktop you will get a notification on which you need to click on Connect option to proceed for tethering your device.
- Also, you can right click on PDANet icon on task bar and can select Connect Internet option. In a similar way you can also connect via Bluetooth instead of USB cable, for this you need to Enable Bluetooth DUN in the android application and then pair your laptop or computer via Bluetooth.